Privacy and Securtiy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2005.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you use the shop, your details will be stored in our database against the order. This is so that we can contact you in the event of any queries and ultimately ship your goods to your destination.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps your computer know when you visit a particular site.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
What is does do is let our site know that you have been to the site before. If you have logged in, this saves you time and effort by letting the site recognise you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [address].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, using the details on the 'contact us' page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
In order to process your shop order, we need to collect some personal detail from you as mentioned above.
All our pages that colllect any details or transfer any personal information (such as address and payment details) are protected by 128bit SSL encryption. This ensures that your details can't be robbed out of the wire. If unsure, make sure you look for the padlock and also the 's' in the address bar (e.g. https://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk/shop/create_account.php).
For your own peace of mind, you ought to ensure your machine is safe and secure, free from nasties that can transmit, steal or corrupt your details.